Rules for the APMCM Asia-pacific College Students Mathematical Contest in Modeling in 2020
I. Competition organization
Organizers: Beijing Image graphics Society, the Asia-pacific College Students Mathematical Modeling Competition organizing Committee
II. Date and time of the competition
Registration deadline: 12:00 noon on 275 November 2020
Start time: 6am on Thursday 26 November 2020
The competition ends at 9am on Monday, 30 November 2020
Deadline for paper submission: 9 am, November 30, 2020
Deadline for submission of commitment and Attachments: 9 am, November 30, 2020
Contest Results: The contest results are expected to be released before January 30, 2021
III. Commitment of team members
All images, graphics, pictures, tables and drawings in the paper should be marked at the location of the reference if they are not original by the team.
All direct quotes are enclosed in quotation marks or marked with special quotations.
APMCM organizing Committee is authorized to display the entries in any form (including online publication, formal or informal publication in books, journals and other media).
IV. Detailed rules of competition Evaluation
(1) The paper gives a satisfactory interpretation method to the match problem, and gives a necessary explanation and explanation to the fuzzy concept;
(2) Clearly listed the prerequisites and assumptions used in modeling, and explained or demonstrated their rationality;
(3) Give the idea of modeling or demonstrate the rationality of modeling through the analysis of the competition questions;
(4) Designed a mathematical model that can effectively solve the problem;
(5) The stability test of the model is given;
(6) The advantages and disadvantages of the model are discussed, and a clear conclusion is given.
(7) Give a complete and accurate summary.
V. Specific procedures and rules for the competition
(I) Before the competition
(1) All teams must complete registration by 12 o 'clock on November 25, 2020.
It is recommended that all teams register ahead of time as the registration system will be shut down and no new teams will be accepted once the deadline is passed.
Online registration website is: https://www.saikr.com/apmcm/2020
A. Enter the official website of the registration, click the registration entrance on the right side of the screen, select the province where the school is located, and then select the school. If you cannot find your own school, you can go back to select other colleges and universities for registration;
Fill in all required information including the team's E-mail address and contact information.
If there are more than one team member, each team member should register, and then the team leader should invite other team members. After the invitation is sent, the other team members should agree to complete their own team members, and then the leader should pay the registration fee online.
Note: Registration information will not be changed after the deadline. Make sure you use your current valid email address so that we can reach you if necessary before, during and after the contest.
B. If you are a member of the school group, please contact the competition staff in charge of the group registration.
C. There is no uniform regulation on the number of teams for each institution, nor is there any restriction on the number of guidance teams for teachers.
(2) the application fee
The entry fee for each team is 100 yuan.
Individual registration through the registration official website payment, school collective registration, please contact the competition staff, fill in the collective registration form unified payment.
(3) The individual can get the control number of the competition after the completion of the registration through the registration website, and the team of the collective registration will get the control number of the competition after the payment and the staff's review.
2. Team members
(1) The team leader shall first register and create the team, and then invite the team members to join the team.
(2) The maximum number of people in each team is 3.
(3) Team members must be full-time college students during the competition.
(II) After the competition begins
1. Download the questions from the official website of the competition
The title of the contest will be published on the contest website (www.apmcm.org), the official website of The Beijing Image and Graphics Society (www.bsig.org.cn) and the registration homepage at 6 am on Thursday, November 26, 20120 Beijing time.
2. The selected topic
Each team may choose one of two questions to answer: they may choose question A or Question B.
3. Team ready to work
(1) Teams may use any inanimate source of data or material -- computers, software, bibliographies, websites, books, etc. -- provided that all sources must be cited. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
(2) Team members are not allowed to seek help or discuss problems with the advisor or anyone other than team members.
Any contact with anyone other than a member of the team is strictly prohibited.
This includes E-mail, telephone, personal contact, Internet chat, or any other question and answer system, or any other form of communication.
(3) Incomplete papers are also acceptable.
There is no pass or fail cut-off point, and there is no numerical score.
APMCM judges are based primarily on team solutions and procedures.
(4) Summary page: The summary is an important part of the paper (the summary page should be used as the first page of the paper).
Abstract takes up a large proportion in the marking process, so that sometimes the winning paper stands out among many papers because of its high-quality abstract.
A good abstract allows the reader to decide whether or not to read through the text of the paper.
In this way, the abstract must clearly describe the solution to the problem and clearly express the most important conclusions of the paper.
The abstract should stimulate the reader's interest in the details of the paper.
Abstracts that simply repeat the competition title and copy and paste the boilerplate from the introduction will generally be considered uncompetitive.
In addition to the summary page, each paper should also include the following parts: problem restatement, model hypothesis, symbol description, model evaluation, model analysis, references, appendices, etc.
(5) The paper shall be written in English in a standard format and in a readable font with a size of 11 or 12.
(6) The entire solution must be composed of the body of the text, necessary graphics, charts or other types of material and submitted only in the form of a paper.
Materials that are not in the form of documentation such as computer files or disks will not be accepted.
(7) The team's control number and page number should be on the top of each page of the solution.
We recommend using headers on each page, such as:
Team # 20010100001 Page 10 of 20
(8) The name of the team, the name of the advisor and the name of the school shall not appear on any page of the solution.
The entire solution must not contain any identifying information other than the team's control number.
(9) Any team that does not comply with the above rules will be disqualified.
(III) Before the end of the competition
1. Submit your paper
The team (by the student or advisor) is required to submit a paper in PDF format (without attachments or commitments) via the registration website.
Papers must be submitted before 9am on November 30, 2020, or they will be disqualified. The name format of the papers is: title + entry number.
2. Print and sign the undertaking:
The letter of commitment shall be published together with the title of the competition. After being published, the team shall print the letter of commitment. After printing, each team member shall sign the letter by hand, and then scan or take a photo to generate PDF file or JPG picture of the signed letter of commitment.
Then upload to the official website of the "submission of commitment" column, in the format of PDF, JPG, PNG.
Note: You can take pictures with your phone or camera, but make sure the picture is clear and the text is in the picture.
If it is inconvenient to print, you can sign by electronic signature.
3. Submit supporting materials
Compress, package and upload all other files related to the competition, including programs, data (except the original data in the competition), results, etc.
"Supporting materials" shall be added selectively by the participating team members on the basis of careful consideration. If there is no specific requirement in the competition title, it will not be considered as the materials that must be submitted.
(If you have a program of your own, the source should still be in the form of supporting material, although the format of the paper requires that the program be included in the body appendix.)
Name format: question number + entry control number + FJ, example A20010100001fj.
Then upload it to the column of "Submit supporting Materials" on the official website of the registration, in the formats of RAR and ZIP.
4. Keep the attachment of the paper
To prevent errors and for verification during the review, teams are required to keep copies of their papers, including PDF and Word versions, as well as copies of their programs and calculations, until the final list of winners is published.
(IV) After the game
1. Draft results of the competition will be announced
(1) Evaluation: The evaluation will be completed in one month, and the results will be published before January 30, 2021. All participating papers will be rated as Successful Participant, Third Prize, Second Prize, First Prize, or Innovation Prize.
(2) Once all the results are confirmed, we will immediately announce on the website, please log in the registration website regularly to check the results.
2. Contest Objection period
(1) Within 7 days after the first draft of the award list is published, any individual or unit may raise an objection, which shall be handled by the competition organizing committee.
(2) You are welcome to supervise and report, including teachers' participation during the competition, team members' discussion with others, plagiarism of others' papers, unfair evaluation, etc.
In principle, the appeal that the answer sheet should be reappraised to improve the award level will not be accepted. In special cases, the organizing committee will discuss and decide whether to reappraise it or not.
(3) For the first draft award list, if the school name, name and other wrong information appear, please timely report to the competition organizing committee.
In principle, you can only correct the wrong words. You cannot change the name of the instructor, the name of the team member, or add the team member, etc.
3. Bonus or certificate
In this competition, there will be grade award, excellent instructor award and excellent Organization award. The proportion and prizes are shown in Table 1.
Since the difficulty of the questions cannot be exactly the same, the evaluation will be inclined to the more difficult questions. The grand prize of each question is 2 teams, and the number of first prize teams is not different.
Table 1 Award grade and proportion
Asia-pacific Cup "Innovation Award"
Asia-pacific Cup "Innovation Award" Certificate.
RMB 1000 / team
4 pieces (2 pieces per question)
The first prize
First Prize certificate
The second prize
Second Prize Certificate
The third prize
Third Prize Certificate
Successful Entry award
Certificate of successful entry
Asia-pacific College Students Mathematical Modeling Competition Organizing Committee